Skip to main content

US STRONGLY CONDEMNED BRUTAL ACTIONS OF THE ISLAMIC STATE.

US strongly condemned “brutal actions” of the Islamic State Friday, 

The “depravity of the reported executions,” is among the latest evidence of the “campaign of terror”,

 Witnesses said captives were men aged between 18 and 55, who had been shot at close range.

U.S. condemns Islamic State for ‘brutal’ executions in Iraq

The State Department strongly condemned “brutal actions” of the Islamic State Friday, following reports that group carried out a mass execution of moderate Sunni Muslim tribesmen who had fought back against the extremists in Iraq’s western Anbar province.

The “depravity of the reported executions,” State Department spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki said, is among the latest evidence of the “campaign of terror” being carried out in Iraq by the Islamic State, the al Qaeda-inspired Sunni extremist group also known as ISIL and ISIS.

While Ms. Psaki pointed to other acts exposing the Islamic State’s “goal” of driving “sectarian divisions” in Iraq, the latest development in Anbar comes just as U.S. officials are attempting to encourage moderate tribal fighters in the province to rise up against the extremist group.

U.S. officials have told The Washington Times that a key part of the strategy for containing and defeating the Islamic State centers on recreating the so-called “Sunni Awakening” that saw Iraqi tribal militias in Anbar take the fight to the Islamic State’s predecessor outfit, al Qaeda in Iraq, between 2005 and 2007.

While the previous awakening was never officially sanctioned by Iraq’s government, Obama administration officials say the goal now is to create a system in which Sunni tribal fighters will be rolled into a new Iraqi national guard force officially connected to the Shiite-dominated government in Baghdad.

President Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken told an audience at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace this week that, “if the Iraqis get it right,” the new force will be “clearly tethered to the state in a sustained way.”

Sources speaking anonymously with The Times due to sensitivity surrounding the strategy have said retired U.S. Marine Gen. John R. Allen, whom the Obama administration tapped last month to lead the international fight against the Islamic State, has pushed the strategy during recent meetings with tribal leaders from Anbar.

What remains to be seen is how the recent massacre will impact the strategy.

 News reports have said the Islamic State executed at least 220 Iraqis in retaliation against a tribe that opposed the extremist group.

 Two mass graves were found Thursday containing members the Albu Nimr tribe captured by the group.

Witnesses said captives were men aged between 18 and 55, who had been shot at close range, according to a report by The Sydney Morning Herald.

The bodies of more than 70 Albu Nimr men were dumped near the town of Hit in the Sunni heartland Anbar province, according to witnesses who said most of the victims were members of the police or an anti-Islamic State militia called Sahwa, which means “Awakening” in Arabic, the Herald report said.

Ms. Psaki said Friday that “individuals responsible for these horrendous acts of violence must be identified and held fully accountable.”

“ISIL does not represent the people of Iraq,” she said in a statement circulated to reporters. “They are murderers and terrorists, who do not govern, but bleed the country they occupy.”

Thanks for reading, leave your thought in the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The shocking moment 'cheating' woman is STRIPPED and BEATEN in broad daylight

SICKENING: The shocking moment 'cheating' woman is STRIPPED and BEATEN in broad daylight THIS is the shocking moment a woman accused of sleeping with a married man was stripped naked and BEATEN in broad daylight. Lin Yao Li was ambushed by four women as she walked home from the shops in the Chinese city of Puyang. As Lin's attackers pulled her to the floor they ripped off her clothes while punching and kicking her repeatedly in the breasts and groin. The ringleader of the gang was the scorned wife of the man Lin is accused of sleeping with. The sickening attack was witnessed by passersby who did not even attempt to help the defenceless woman. Local man Jun Feng, 30, who found Lin lying on the ground after the women left told local TV: "This type of thing is becoming quite normal. "Angry wives and girlfriends get their revenge on their cheating men by attacking the other woman. "People don’t tend to get involved because they see it as being an argument o...

SHOCKING Saudi Arabia to Behead 6 School Girls for Indecency

SHOCKING | Saudi Arabia to Behead 6 School Girls for Indecency Western countries are being urged to intervene in a case where 6 young school girls facing execution for acting indecently at a friends house. Fathima Al Kwaini and her friends that included three male friends have celebrated Kwaini’s birthday at a friends house.  A neighbor supposedly an assistant of an Imam of a mosque close by has reported this to Saudi Arabia’s religious police.  When the police arrived the girls were dancing with their male friends and they were arrested immediately. The ultra conservative Arabian nation that has one of the worst human rights records is also a member of the United Nations Human Rights commission and recently got elected to the Women’s Rights Commission as well which sparked anger and protest. According to HRW, the girls were detained for more than a year before the trial and never confessed committing any crime.  However the verdict of the “male only” Sharia panel was tha...

Cartel cruelty laid bare in brutal video of boy’s execution.

Cartel cruelty laid bare in brutal video of boy’s execution A TEEN’S brutal execution shows violence of Venezuelan gangs in the grip of a cocaine and crime explosion. Warning: Graphic TERROR is clearly visible in the boy’s eyes as he lies on his back, gagged and bound, on the dirt somewhere in Venezuela It is night and the shirtless boy dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a black belt has his hands tied behind his bag and a length of light green cloth binds his mouth. The boy is smooth-skinned with an undeveloped chest. He could be as young as 13. A man’s voice speaking in Spanish can be heard as the boy’s terrified face fills the camera lens. The man is saying something about a house, money and the command of the Venezuelan nationality worldwide. The man has a machete-style knife and moves into the picture to slice off the boy’s ears. It is virtually impossible to watch the rest of the video, but it has been described to news.com.au as an execution by a drug cartel. Brutal and mercile...